Thursday, April 3, 2014

iSouth Throwback Thursday

Yvette Michelle- I'm Not Feeling  You
Funkmaster Flex is an American hip hop DJ, rapper, musician and producer on New York City's Hot 97 radio station and his second installment The Mix Tape, Vol. II was released on February 11, 1997 through Loud Records. Like his previous Mix Tape release, the album is compilation of freestyles and previously released songs mixed together by Funkmaster Flex. "I'm Not Feeling You" is the title of a top ten dance single by Yvette Michele. It is based on a sample from the Sylvester song "Was It Something That I Said" from 1978. The track also features a sample of the Oran "Juice" Jones single "The Rain". DJ Winston Park won’t let it go because this was song he dropped on me in 1996 and I was blown away. I’m normally up on new music, but Funkmaster Flex’s mixtapes that were officially released through a record label blew me away. These mixtapes featured new music from Jermaine Dupri, Lil Kim, Redman, and Naughty by Nature, Lost Boyz, The Notorious B.I.G., Mary J. Blige, Wu-Tang Clan, and Puff Daddy & Mase. If you had this on cassette tape, you know how this feels. #TBT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers